Diet Dessert: Mug Cake
Some of you may have heard of a “Mug Cake” before, but how exactly do you make it? Can you use a store-bought cake mix? We have all the answers.
Maybe you’ve heard of this one before, but we’ve simplified it so you can enjoy this any night at home. This Mug Cake is a part of our Diet Summer Snacks because you are able to make a single portion instead of a whole cake. If you’re anything like me, it’s hard to stay away from the fridge when you know there is leftover cake. So instead of resisting the urge to eat the leftover cake, you can rest easily knowing your diet is on track. Cure your chocolate craving quickly with this easy, gooey, Chocolate Mug Cake recipe:
You’ll need: (per mug cake)
• ½ cup cake mix (We used Betty Crocker Butter Recipe Chocolate Mix from a box)
• Vegetable or Olive oil (1 tbsp.)
• 1/3 cup water
• 1 tbsp. softened butter (optional)
• Cooking spray
• A Microwave
1. Mix together cake mix, oil, water, and softened butter in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth
2. Coat the inside of the mug with cooking spray
3. Spoon the cake mix into the cup, filling about 1/3 of the way
4. Microwave about 90 seconds
5. Garnish with whipped cream, fruit, etc.
Tip: Use a butter knife to test if your cake is done. If you can stick it straight in and pull it out without sticky batter, it’s done!
It’s that easy! Now you can enjoy your own personal cake at home! Better yet, you can really impress your guests with your quick-baking skills and share this recipe with your friends! Let us know how your Mug Cakes go, and as always…Cocktail On!
Check back weekly for other fun entertaining ideas, including exclusive drink recipes from us and tips for Effortless Entertaining!